12 Oct NDOT I-80 WEST OF RENO: October 12, 2018 Update
The project team is partnering with Gold Ranch Casino and Resort to provide customers with a complimentary 20-ounce cup of coffee or 20-ounce fountain drink at the 24-hour Sinclair convenience store when mentioning the I-80 West Project. Through the month of October, customers who say, “I-80 West Project!” will receive a complimentary coffee or fountain drink.
Winter construction work will include draining improvements and “dig-outs.” A dig-out is when the contractor removes and replaces extra thick sections of pavement at bridge approaches and departures to ensure longevity. Often the roadway surface adjacent to bridges deteriorates sooner than the remaining roadway. This is a result of several factors including pavement thickness, moisture and movement from heavy trucks.
Week of October 15, 2018
- The Third Street on-ramp to westbound I-80 in Verdi is closed for approximately two weeks. Access to the casino from both directions of interstate remains open. Please use the marked detour by traveling eastbound I-80 to turn at exit 4 Garson Road.
- Intermittent overnight closures of other Verdi-area ramps will also continue.
- Intermittent night time ramp closures on I-80 westbound between Keystone Ave. and East Verdi from 9 pm to 5 am. No two consecutive on or off-ramps will be closed at the same time.
- I-80 eastbound and westbound overnight lane closures weekdays 7 pm to 7 am.
- Intermittent daytime shoulder closures on I-80 westbound and eastbound from Keystone Ave. to Verdi.