09 Nov NDOT I-80 WEST OF RENO: November 9, 2018 Update
Veterans Day, November 11
World War I– known at the time as “The Great War” – officially ended when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles outside the town of Versailles, France. However, fighting ceased seven months earlier when an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, between the Allied nations and Germany went into effect on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. For that reason, November 11, 1918, is generally regarded as the end of “the war to end all wars.”
I-580/U.S. 395 Closure Between Washoe Valley and Carson City
NV Energy utility work will lead to a full closure of Interstate 580 in northern Carson City and Washoe Valley during the morning hours of both Nov. 17 and Nov. 18. Both directions of I-580/U.S. 395 will be closed from U.S. 50/East William Street exit 39 in central Carson City to the Alternate U.S. 395 Bowers Mansion exit 50 in northern Washoe Valley from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 17 and Nov. 18.
Week of November 12, 2018
- Construction crews will be working on Sunday evening, November 11 and Monday evening, November 12. Veterans Day is observed on Monday, November 12.
- Crews are working on the Garson/Boomtown Bridge which travels over I-80 to connect the Boomtown Casino/Hotel area with westbound I-80, will be reduced to a single lane. Drivers will see flaggers to control traffic daily from 7 am to 5 pm.
- Intermittent night time ramp closures on I-80 westbound between Keystone Ave. and the California/Nevada stateline from 9 pm to 5 am. No two consecutive on or off-ramps will be closed at the same time.
- I-80 eastbound and westbound overnight lane closures weekdays 7 pm to 7 am.
- Intermittent daytime shoulder closures on I-80 westbound and eastbound from Keystone Ave. to California/Nevada state line.